IQbusiness is a leading independent management consulting firm.
We are looking for someone to join our SOL_GRC team as a Risk & Regulatory Specialist.
In a world that is constantly changing, organisations need to adapt quickly to respond to new risks and take advantage of new opportunities. IQ’s GRC division advises organisations on how to effectively mitigate risk and make informed and intelligent risk decisions around business processes, technology and operations.
We are in the front-line reshaping regulatory trends, and we use cutting-edge technology to create greater regulatory efficiencies and to help our client in becoming a more responsible business in the financial sector.
- Bachelors Degree in Finance / Risk Management / Insurance / Legal is essential.
- Additional compliance and regulatory certification within the banking and/or insurance industries will be advantageous.
Experience & Skills:
- Minimum 10 years in the Financial Services sector, stretching across both Banking and Insurance industries with focus in a regulatory and/or compliance capacity.
- Sound knowledge and experience of Financial Services regulatory legislation, stretching across the banking and insurance industries with focus on the following: CoFI Bill, FSRA, “Twin Peaks”/ Market Conduct and TCF, South African Banking Act, LTIA, STIA, FICA (incorporating AML/CFT and Financial Crime regulations), PPR’s, CPA and NCA etc.
- 3–5 years’ Business Analysis and/or Project Management experience.
- 3-5 years’ experience in Key client stakeholder engagement and management.
- Knowledge and experience in Business Analysis Project Lifecycle within an Agile and Hybrid project environment.
- 3 years in people management / team collaboration
- The key requirement of the role is to complete regulatory risk assessments specialised audits and compliance with processes to manage those risks. This will require a general understanding of operational risk and compliance.
- Accordingly, the role does require a general understanding of the financial markets, instruments and their regulatory environment. – this experience should be optional / advantageous
- Contribute to the delivery of projects, gathering and documenting requirements, considering all stakeholders’ interests, regulatory constraints and any potential deficiencies (adequacy and/or effectiveness) in the current methods exposed by quality assurance and reviews.
- Ensure the methods and results are adequately documented to support internal and external audit reviews, audit risk committees, regulators and other internal departments of an entity under review.