Our scheduled dates are as follows: • Group 1: 13 and 21 Feb • Group 2: 12 and 19 March • Group 3: 10 and 17 April • Group 4: 15 and 22 May
12 March2 weeks, 08:30 AM - 04:30 PM
10 April2 weeks, 08:30 AM - 04:30 PM
15 May2 weeks, 08:30 AM - 04:30 PM
The IQbusiness Card Academy offers a comprehensive overview of the card industry, the latest trends and current industry issues.
The Card Academy incorporates a blended learning approach; combining the benefits of both face-to-face and online learning to enhance the experience. Delegates will attend a day of classroom-based training and will have a week to complete the eLearning modules, before returning a week later for the final day of training (i.e. delegates need to be able to attend two days’ training, one week apart).
Who Should Attend?
- This is an introductory training course targeted at new/recent additions to the card industry. Senior managers and other entrenched stakeholders are also encouraged to attend should they require a refresher.
- Individuals who work in card operations, IT, or any area that supports the card environment such as systems architecture, process owners, process design teams, program management offices, test analysts, business analysts, systems analysts, project managers, functional managers, and front-line personnel would benefit from the course.
- The course is relevant to both banking and non-banking organisations, including card issuers, acquirers, consultants, mobile operators, retailers, fintechs, system operators, and technology providers.
What you will learn
The Card Academy provides delegates with a broad understanding of the card landscape, terminology, products, regulation and role players:
- Card basics - Understanding the major role players, how cards function, flow of transactions etc.
- Issuing and Acquiring - Understanding the functionality and operations of each
- The Economics of Card - How is money made? How do decisions impact financials?
- Risk, Fraud and Security - How do these elements impact upon operations?
- Legal, Regulatory and Compliance Environment – Take a tour through the many requirements
- Emerging Card Types and Payment Methods - Explore the trends and innovations in this dynamic environment.
• Banking 101 - Understand the basics of banking (optional).
• Payments 101 - Discover how payments work and who the main role players are.
• Card 101 and 102 - Learn all about the world of card – how cards work, the operations required to support them (both issuing and acquiring) and much more.
• Card Fraud, Risk and Security - Understand how these critical elements impact on operations.
• Legal, Regulatory and Compliance Environment - Uncover the requirements incumbent on card businesses.
• Card Innovation - Discover the innovations that are emerging in this dynamic environment.