Just Plain Agile in partnership with IQbusiness offer The Agile Facilitator Buy one standard-price ticket at R12 000,00 (excl VAT) and get a 2nd one at half price. (A saving of R6 000,00) For more information please log onto: https://justplainagile.co.za/course-booking/
Interested in attending? Have a suggestion about running this course near you?
Register your interest now
The Agile Facilitator is a two-and-a-half-day class (compressed into 2 calendar days) for experienced Agilists who wish to dramatically increase their facilitation skills in general, especially as applied to Agile ceremonies, collaborative events, and other team “moments of truth.” The workshop will focus on professional facilitation skills and techniques as applied specifically within the Agile context.
This is decidedly not a beginning agile class, but also not an advanced one. It is an intermediate course for practitioners with at least 3 months of hands-on agile experience. You should also be grounded in Agile Fundamentals (ICAgile Certified Professional), a Certified ScrumMaster, or equivalent agile training because the course builds directly on your agile team experience.
What you will learn
While mastering facilitation skills in the Agile context will require both time and practice, our class will allow you to:
- Gain an in-depth and practical understanding of a wide array of techniques practiced by professional facilitators
- Understand and practice the art of collaborative meeting design, including the importance of smart preparation that will reduce overall cost and increase the effectiveness of your meetings
- Practice techniques for skilfully facilitating core Agile meetings and ceremonies with playfulness and a collaborative spirit, while still focused on key deliverables
- Gain rich, well-delivered feedback on your growing facilitation skills
- Give you ideas for designing meetings in which the team interacts with the team so they can do the heavy-lifting
- Understand how to address some of the dysfunctional behaviours you see preventing your team from achieving maximum success
- Learn how to define, discuss, and ACHIEVE consensus with the team for faster and better decision making
- Come away with your own facilitator self-development plan.
- This class satisfies the Agile Team Facilitator portion of classroom learning for the ICAgile Coaching & Facilitation track
- 16 Scrum Alliance SEUs toward the Certified Scrum Professional (CSP) level
- 16 PMI PDUs
- ICAgile Team Facilitator learning objectives
- Core IAF Facilitator Competencies
- ACI’s Agile Coaching Competency Model
Who Should Attend?
- Beginning ScrumMasters, Agile Project Managers or Iteration Managers well versed in the agile basics and who have experienced an agile team
- Experienced ScrumMasters, Agile Project Managers or Iteration Managers
- Agile Coaches who want increased facilitation skills and results
- Anyone interested in bringing more rigour and structure to their facilitation of Agile ceremonies and other collaborative events